-->Skip to main content
The following books are all located on the main (2nd) floor of the library, in Reference:
Most of the books on costume design are in the GTs (in the Reference section on the main level, and the Stacks on the lower level), but other resources may be useful as well, for example:
· Books on the theatre in the PNs
· Books with photographs of a given period, either in the photography area (TR on the upper level) or in the History section (e.g., the Great Depression in America). Ask the Reference Librarian for suggestions.
· Illustrations and advertisement in magazines such as Life and Time (for America since 1920)
· Books published at the time you’re researching, such as the 1897 Sears Roebuck Catalogue (TS199 .S432 1968)
Books in the Reference collection on the main level include:
· Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion (10 vols., REF GT 507 .E54 2010)
· The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Clothing through World History (REF GT 507 .G74 2008)
· The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Clothing through American History (REF GT 615 .G74 2008)
· Survey of Historic Costume (REF GT 580 .T67 2004)
· The Dictionary of Fashion History (REF GT 507 .C86 2010)
The following books were recommended by Ashleigh Poteat while she was teaching here. They’re in the Stacks on the lower level (except for those marked OVERSIZE and those with call numbers beginning with N, which are on the upper level). These can all be checked out (even the Oversize books, which are shelved near room 306).
Other books in the collection that may be useful include:
You may also want to browse the GT, PN 2067, and TT areas on the lower level. You may find useful books that aren’t listed above.
These books on Costume Design are located in the Stacks (on the lower level), which means you can check them out. Please see a librarian if you can't find the book you want.