Welcome Theatre Students!
This resource guide is designed to help you locate Theatre resources for your courses, for plays you’re involved in, or for personal interest. If you don’t find what you need, please consult Arthur Robinson, the Reference Librarian, or e-mail him with a question or to make an appointment.
Most reference books on theatre are in the PNs, between REF PN 1625 and REF PN 2999. You are urged to browse this area. Books here include:
· The Oxford Encyclopedia of Theatre & Performance
(call number REF PN 2035 .O944 2003)
· The Columbia Encyclopedia of Modern Drama
(REF PN 1861 .C65 2007)
· The Cambridge Guide to Theatre
(REF PN 2035 .C2777 1995)
· The Oxford Companion to American Theatre
(REF PN 2220 .B600 2004)
· Historical Dictionary of African American Theatre
(REF PN 2270 .A35 H53 2009)
· Encyclopedia of Asian Theatre
(REF PN 2860 .E53 2007)
· McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of World Drama
(REF PN 1625 .M3)
· Broadway: An Encyclopedia
(REF PN 2288 .B566 2004)
· The Entertainment Sourcebook 2011-2012
(REF PN 2289 .E588 2011)
The following books are recommended by the Theatre Arts faculty but have not been updated the last few years, so you may want to verify information on the Web to make sure it’s current:
· Summer Theatre Directory 2009
(REF PN 2289 .S800 2009)
· Regional Theatre Directory 2008-2009
(REF PN 2289 .R44 2008-09)
Books in other areas may be useful as well (e.g., for Greek theatre, books on classical drama in the REF PA 3024 area and on Greek civilization in the REF DE area). See the Reference Librarian for assistance.
Look for the following books in your library's Reference section, located on the main (2nd) floor of Lewis Library.